Stakeholders – owners
Important perspectives for all stakeholders.
Owners take maximum advantage of the annual sponsor contributions and contributions by the hosting racetracks of approx. €. 150,000.
Owners will have the opportunity to participate in 12 new classic races with a total annual extra prize money of 415,000 Euro in the two-, three- and four-year-old circuit. All entry- and starting fees are paid out in full as prize money. On top of that, owners can participate in 12 satellite races on various racetracks in The Netherlands without paying extra fees.
Within the TCT-plan owners of for example German, Swedish, Finnish, Belgian, Danish or Norwegian bred horses can win two Derby’s in one year! In addition to the Derby in the country of registration, these horses can also start in the Derby of the “Lage Landen”.
Last year the first prize in the Belgian Derby was only 9,000 Euro and next to the Derby there were almost no classic races for young horses in Belgium. For Belgian owners, participation in the international classic races of the TCT-program is a fantastic opportunity to win more prize money.
In Germany the prize money for classic races (except for the Derby) is not very high. These new “open” TCT-races also offer a great opportunity for German owners. A big advantage here is that from 2022 the German Derby will no longer be for three-year-old horses, but for four-year-old horses instead. The opportunity for owners to participate in both the German and the Dutch Derby of the “Lage Landen” is unique!
For French owners it can be attractive to win a group race (group 1, 2 or 3) because of future breeding both for mares as well as stallions.
Advantages for all owners
- Possibility to participate in the classic races both in the Netherlands and in your own country
- Earn more prize money for two, three and four year old horses and the Triple Crown of 100,000 Euro
- Possibility to participate in two Derby’s
- Benefit from a large amount of sponsorship money on top of the staked money
- 50% of the nomination fee is paid by WIYS (Wolvega International Yearling Sale) for yearlings auctioned there.